This recipe is a great weeknight option for a meal that is big on flavor, protein and heart healthy fats and low carbs. It comes together quickly with minimal prep time and will leave you feeling satisfied. Adding fish into your meals a few times a week is a great way to add variety into your meals and add more low carb heart healthy fats into your diet.
Roasted Salmon & Cauliflower Recipe
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 22 mins
1 Tablespoons coconut oil
12 oz (350g) cauliflower, chopped into florets (1 medium size head)
1 carrot, sliced
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
2 salmon fillets, skinless (approximately 8 oz or 230g each)
3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons mint, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees °F (200°C).
- Place the coconut oil into a roasting tray and place into the hot oven. Once the oil has melted, remove the tray and add the cauliflower florets and carrot slices. Toss to coat. Place the tray back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower and carrots roast, mix together the garam masala, turmeric, and cumin in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and add in the cherry tomatoes. Season with the spice mix and toss together, ensuring everything is well coated in the spice mix.
- Layer the salmon on top of the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Then return to the oven and roast for an additional 12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon is in the oven, grate the 1/2 of cucumber. With your hands, gentle squeeze out as much of the excess water as possible. Then place the cucumber into a bowl with the yogurt and chopped mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Serve the roasted vegetables and salmon topped with a spoonful of the cucumber and yogurt dressing.
Nutrition info per serving: 16 grams of carbohydrates