These cookies are easy to make, low carb, and will definitely any sweet tooth with the bright citrus flavor and creaminess from the cream cheese. They also fit well into the Target100 weight loss program. This recipe has some hidden, well not intentionally hidden, heart healthy chia seeds too. Since there are no eggs in the recipe, the chia seeds will help act as a binder and hold the cookies together. And don't skimp on the lemon zest! You can really double it if you like your cookies to have a very lemon-y kick to them.
A note - this recipe calls for softened butter. To soften butter, leave it out at room temp for a few hours. Or to speed up the process, unwrap the butter stick, place it between 2 sheets of parchment paper, set it on hard surface and gentle hit the stick of butter to flatten it out. It'll soften as you beat it.
If you are looking for a low carb sweet treat to satisfying a chocolate lover as part of your weight loss diet plan be sure to make a batch of Ferrero Rocher.
Keto Lemon Cheesecake Cookies recipe
Makes: 24 cookies Prep Time: 15 mins Bake Time: 20 mins
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
2 1/2 Tablespoon water
1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup (100g) erythritol, or other sweetener
1/2 cup (120g) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups (325g) almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the chia seeds with water and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer on medium speed) to cream the butter and sweetener together. Now add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add the chia mixture, vanilla extract, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt. Then fold in the almond flour to form the dough.
- Use a tablespoon of the dough for each cookie and place the cookies on the parchment paper. Lightly flatten the cookie dough to form a cookie shape.
- Place the sheet into the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned. Once cooked remove the sheet from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
Nutrition info per serving: 3 grams carbs/serving (1 serving = 1 cookie)