We love using slow cookers to make healthy, low-carb recipes. The “set it and forget it” component makes it so easy to get a hot, delicious dinner on the table without having to spend extra time in the kitchen. Here, you’ll get a hearty slow cooker pulled pork recipe to pair with cauliflower rice.
Low-Carb Recipe: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and Rice
Ingredients for pulled pork
2-pounds pork shoulder
2 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, dried mustard
½ cup chicken broth
Directions for pulled pork
1. Combine all seasonings into a small bowl and mix well to create a spice rub.
2. Massage meat with spice rub.
3. Place pork into a slow cooker and add chicken broth.
4. Cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
5. To serve, shred pork with a fork once removed from the slow cooker.
Ingredients for cauliflower rice recipe
4 cups of cauliflower rice (frozen or freshly riced)
2 Tbsp salted butter
1 tsp dried parsley
5 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for cauliflower rice:
1. In a large skillet, melt butter and add parsley. (Be careful not to burn butter.)
2. Place cauliflower rice in the same skillet and sauté over medium-high heat. Add small amounts of water, if needed, until cauliflower is tender.
3. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top and stir to mix ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition info per serving:
Pulled pork (1/4 of recipe) = 1 gram of carb
Cauliflower rice (1/4 of recipe) = 4 grams of carb
Recipe courtesy of Vanessa Voltolina, RDN.