These muffins are a great low carb high protein idea that you can easily make ahead and have for quick snack option when things get busy. The combination of strawberries and dark chocolate are perfect for a satisfying sweet treat or snack if that is what you are in the mood for.
Strawberry Protein Muffin Recipe
Serves: 12 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins
1 cup (120g) oat flour
1/4 cup (25g) vanilla protein powder
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
2 Tablespoons stevia
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch sea salt
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup egg whites (about 3 eggs)
2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup (125g) non-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (100g) strawberries, chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup (45g) 75% dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the chopped dark chocolate, and then mix in all the wet ingredients. Stir until a smooth batter is formed, then lightly stir in the strawberries and chopped dark chocolate pieces (leave a few chocolate pieces aside for the top of the muffins).
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and spray with oil. Make sure you spray the liners (paper or silicone) or the muffins will stick.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Drop 3-5 small chocolate pieces on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through and the edges browned.
- Remove from the oven, and let the muffins cool before serving.
Note: Muffins will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the fridge.
Nutrition info per serving: Serving size = 1 muffin. Carbs = 9 grams/serving