As the weather turns colder, turning towards warm dishes like soups and stews can help nourish and keep you satiated. Recipes like this instant noodle soup are great options to prep on the weekend for quick weekday meals when time is tight and you want something nourishing.
This recipe is written to create a soup that serves four in a large jar. You can just as easily build 4 smaller mason jars to have on hand for single serving meals during the week.
Thai Instant Noodle Soup Recipe
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 0 mins
cup (240 ml) canned coconut milk, full fat
4 tsp. Thai green curry paste
2 chicken bouillon cubes, halved
4 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. coconut sugar
2 cups (180g) vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup (35g) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup (40g) edamame beans
carrot, chopped into matchsticks
2 servings of roasted shredded chicken (homemade or store bought)
1. Place the ingredients into a large mason jar in the following order: coconut milk, green curry paste, chicken bouillon cubes, lime juice, coconut sugar, noodles, mushrooms, edamame, shredded chicken.
2. Secure with the lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
3. When ready to serve, pour roughly 1/2-3/4 cup of boiling water into the jar and set aside to sit for 3 minutes.
4. Now cover the jar with the lid and shake until combined.
5. Open the lid, pour into bowls and enjoy! (Chopsticks optional).
Nutrition info per serving: 49 grams of carbs per serving